Superior Place – WithIt, a women’s management development community for the residence and furnishings industries, will existing this year’s Visionary Award to Susan Inglis, founding executive director of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
The award is the maximum recognition degree bestowed by the organization, honoring a girl of achievement whose perception and steps have substantially impacted WithIt.
As a chief in the drive for sustainability in the household and furnishings field, Inglis has taken the Sustainable Furnishings Council from an strategy to a actuality. She clung to the notion that businesses have the electric power to change the planet and, in performing so, turned a section of that modify, according to WithIt.
“It’s an honor to realize Susan Inglis with the Visionary Award,” reported Renee Loper-Boyd, WithIt president and vice president of advertising at Global Industry Facilities. “Her inspiring enthusiasm for sustainability and the contributions that she and the Sustainable Furnishings Council have built will continue to have a optimistic affect on our sector for many years to appear.”
Loper-Boyd extra that Inglis’ occupation has been marked by a passionate, purposeful entrepreneurial spirit.
The receiver of the Visionary Award and finalists in other categories will be honored at the WOW Awards gala, on Friday, Oct. 21, in the Intercontinental House Furnishings Heart Global Ballroom. Particular person tickets and sponsor tables are offered to be acquired at withit.org.
The yearly awards, which are sponsored by Global Sector Centers, recognize business enterprise leaders nominated by their peers who have contributed to the success of the home and furnishings industry and have shown significant effects on their companies and the sector.
In addition to honoring Inglis, WithIt will present WOW Awards in 5 further categories:
- The Schooling Award nominees are Kaprice Crawford, Home Furnishings Assn. Jane Dagmi, HPxD and Deborah Hernandez, Style Institute of Know-how.
- The Mentoring Award nominees are Lisa Hawkins, Space to Room Louise Traficanti, Jap Accents and JoAnne Wiley, J.B. Hunt Final Mile.
- The Leadership Award nominees are Rebecca Colyn, Magnussen Residence Lisa Koskela, Lisa Koskela Design and Amy Vernon, La-Z-Boy, Inc.
- The Upcoming Leader Award nominees for this award are Dorota Lopez, Dorota, Inc. Erin Weir, Gail Doby Coaching and Consulting and Shannon Williams, North American Household Furnishings Assn.
- The Income Excellence Award nominees are Jamie Gaston, Esquire Advertising Jynne Harris, Kreber and Kristin Olson, Covington Fabrics and Layouts.