January 31, 2023
As winter settles in excess of Wisconsin, the 30th-annual PBS Wisconsin Garden & Landscape Expo brings a little bit of spring-like warmth to the Alliant Energy Centre in Madison, Feb. 10-12. Celebration hours are noon to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
Solitary-day tickets for Back garden & Landscape Expo price $8 in advance and $10 at the doorway. Youngsters 12 and less than are admitted free of charge. Two-day passes are obtainable for $13 in advance and $15 at the doorway. A few-working day passes are readily available for $16 in progress and $18 at the doorway.
Progress ticket retail retailers are positioned conveniently close to the condition at a variety of supporting businesses. A finish record is offered at wigardenexpo.com. Readers also can buy advance tickets on the web site as a result of Feb. 8. There is an extra demand for parking at the Alliant Strength Middle.
PBS Wisconsin hosts the community instructional function and fundraiser in partnership with the College of Wisconsin-Madison Horticulture Division of Extension. All proceeds guidance PBS Wisconsin’s top quality programming, educational initiatives and functions that provide to enrich Wisconsin communities. Advance discounted tickets are obtainable now at wigardenexpo.com.
This year’s party characteristics the newest innovations in gardening and landscaping — with information and facts and advice spread amid lush green plants, colorful bouquets, vivid patterns of spring, and delicious bounties from property gardens and Wisconsin farms.
People are invited to examine the annual Backyard & Landscape Expo Farmers Sector 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12. The Farmers Marketplace features farmers, food items artisans and area meals stores. Products and solutions out there at the current market include things like artisan cheeses and contemporary cheese curds, heritage pork, beef, lamb, organic tea, great chocolates and a lot more.
Highlights from this year’s event involve:
- About 200 exhibitor booths providing seeds, plants, landscaping services, books, applications, garden machines and other interesting merchandise for gardens and yards of all sizes.
- Additional than 125 cost-free instructional seminars and demonstrations on matters these as the greatest houseplants for Midwestern houses, gardening for ageing and disability, growing indoor citrus trees, residence-scale grain creation, perennial garden care, foraging, meals preservation, rising garlic in Wisconsin and much a lot more.
- College of Wisconsin-Madison Horticulture Division of Extension gurus will be accessible to supply perception, plant identification and recommendations to gardeners and novice landscapers of all amounts.
- Backyard garden Bistro – Open Friday from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Situated in the Atrium, the Yard Bistro will serve farm-to-desk fare throughout the weekend, including salads, sandwiches and soups.
- PBS Children Nature Cat’s Backyard – Cultivate a enjoy for gardening and the outside with your overall relatives in Mother nature Cat’s Backyard! In addition to a range of instructional gardening activities, the location will characteristic a swing set, basketball court docket, trampoline and putting environmentally friendly. Every working day is “Family Day” at the Backyard & Landscape Expo, with exclusive highlights, like Mother nature Cat and Daniel Tiger meet and greets, all through the weekend.
- Back garden & Landscape Expo T-Shirts and Totes – Exhibit your love of gardening and PBS Wisconsin with a Garden & Landscape Expo T-shirt and tote bag. T-shirts are $20 and tote baggage are $22! Get yours at the PBS Wisconsin booth. Proceeds support PBS Wisconsin.
- The Backyard garden & Landscape Expo Pictures Contest provides an additional sort of artwork, imagery and point of view to the occasion. See spectacular do the job from Wisconsin novice photographers capturing the natural splendor of the point out. Attendees are encouraged to vote for their most loved photograph for the Viewers’ Choice Award, which will be declared at 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Charming Shade Normal Flower Clearly show – All day Friday by means of Sunday. Presented by Madison District Garden Clubs, this year’s Regular Flower Present is titled Charming Shade. Countrywide Garden Golf equipment judges will assess displays and viewers are welcome to vote for their preferred each individual working day of Backyard garden & Landscape Expo.
- Floral Design Obstacle – Saturday 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. on Demo Phase A. Primarily based on the common Tv set show Chopped, 4 Conventional Flower Display judges will each and every concurrently produce a floral layout without figuring out what is in their “basket.” Designers will describe their inspiration and the audience will choose their beloved.
- Nonprofit organizations specializing in a variety of plant species, rain gardens, rock gardens, conservation initiatives and more will have booths to share their information and facts.
- An interesting Backyard garden & Landscape Expo raffle for prizes like landscape deals, products, decorations, equipment and far more. Raffle ticket proceeds assistance PBS Wisconsin.
For more aspects about the celebration, go to wigardenexpo.com. Exclusive many thanks to our celebration sponsors Wisconsin Greenhouse Corporation and Willy Street Co-op.